Good news everyone. Summer is here.
Yes, we may be hit with our annual summer heat, but the Boca Raton summer weather makes for some beautiful nights and some great festivities.
One of the most exciting yearly events in the Summer in the City event at Mizner Park. The event starts tonight, June 3 and continues every weekend until August 19. With so many events, you can be sure that Boca News will keep you updated every weekend.
Now is your chance to plan ahead so grab your calendar and watch out for your favorite music! Let’s take a look at this months summer kick off!
Summer is the best season sometimes because the children will get some vacation leave and we will go for the picnic tour to some hill stations in that season. Though the summer season will be so heat, it is the most likely season for many of us, especially the kids. Tour plan is the best ever experience for everyone from kids to adults. We will wait for the day to come to enjoy the tour in the chillness of the hill. You can find out more tour packages in many websites.
Rewind 80’s Music Night
- Friday, June 3rd, 2016 Music starts at 6:30PM, Movie starts at Sundown
- TICKETS: Tickets on sale here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rewind-80s-movie-night-tickets-25584779765
- Join us as we take you back to the 80’s with “REWIND” 80’s Movie Night featuring the classic comedy Sixteen Candles.
- Live DJ 6:30pm until movie starts at dusk.
- Food and beverages available for purchase
Do you really need an excuse to listen to 80’s music? Luckily, this event has more than just great 80’s music. You are also welcome to bring your own blankets or chairs for a “REWIND” of the classic comedy Sixteen Candles. A great opportunity to take a trip down memory lane and show the kids what “real movies” used to be like.
The Symphonia Boca Raton
- Friday, June 10th, 2016. Starts at 7:30 PM
- This is a free concert present by The City of Boca Raton
- Blankets and chairs are available for rental for $5.
- Please leave pets at home for this event.
“Summer Enchanted Evening”, with Kyle Prescott, Conductor and Mei Mei Luo, Violin. The Symphonia Strings will delight you with movements from Serenades by masters such as Tchaikovsky, Elgar, Dvorak and Mozart’s famous Eine Kleine Nacht Music. In addition, works by Aaron Coopland, Leroy Anderson and Strauss. Also featuring some Broadway favorites. It will be a most enchanted summer evening!
Cyndi Lauper in Concert
- Saturday, June 11th, 2016 at 8:00pm, doors open at 7:00pm
- TICKETS: http://www.axs.com/search?q=mizner+park or by phone at 888-9-AXS-TIX (888.929.7849)
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Cyndi Lauper is not just an 80’s throwback. She is a grammy, Emmy and Tony award winning artist. Her performances and her career are legendary. Her global record sales are in excess of 50 million. Cyndi Lauper has proven that she has the heart and soul to keep her legion of fans compelled by her every creative move.
This iconic performer and musical chameleon is making a stop in Downtown Boca Raton this summer in support of her upcoming studio album DETOUR available May 6 on Sire Records. Her special guests The Peach Kings are the rock noir duo of Paige Wood and Steven Dies.
Billy Joel Tribute: Turnstiles
- Free concert presented by The City of Boca Raton
- Friday, June 17th, 2016 at 7:30pm, Beer Garden opens at 6:30
- Blankets and chairs are permitted
- Chairs are available to rent for $5
Turnstiles is back. Just recently, this band was featured at The Funky Biscuit. In addition to the tribute band playing the iconic songs of the Piano Man, you can visit the Beer Garden to sample many different craft beers or you can even learn how to make your own beer.
You will have an opportunity to play games and even meet experts from Hollywood Brewery. This side event also starts at 6:30.
For More Information…
The entire list of Summer in the City events will continuously be updated by the team here at Boca News. However, for more information including seating charts, photo galleries and Ticket Master information you can visit the official Mizner Amphitheater site.